You can only develop Coeliac Disease if you already have a predisposition to it. The disease is linked to the HLA DQ2 and HLA DQ8 genes, with either one of both being present in sufferers. Our Coeliac Predisposition Test is highly accurate, and will either confirm or rule out the disease.
It is important to note that this is not a diagnostic test, and only confirms if you carry the genes that cause the disease. A positive result does not confirm that you suffer from Coeliac Disease.
Advantages of the test.
- People with a first degree relative who is also a coeliac run a higher risk (5-10%) of developing the disease. Only a DNA test can confirm if you have the at risk genes.
- The test can be taken by anyone, regardless of whether they follow a gluten free diet or not.
- Simple and painless. Unlike other tests for Coeliac Disease, this test only requires a mouth swab.
The Ordering Process – Simple
Total DNA Services has streamlined the process for ordering a Coeliac Predisposition Test, so it’s as easy as;
- Order – Choose your test and order it online
- Pay – Pay for your test and any extras you require
- Receive – You will get your home sample collection kit in the mail. This kit contains everything required to undertake the test at home. This can include instructions for use, oral swabs, and a return envelope.
- Results – Receive your results in a quick timeframe.
For more detailed information on Coeliac Disease, visit the Coeliac Disease Australia website.