Prenatal Peace (NIFTY)
Total DNA Services alleviates this worry, with the non-invasive Pregnancy Peace of Mind test.
Using a standard medical blood sample, this test is 100% safe, and does not involve the removal of amniotic fluid from the uterus, as performed during an amniocentesis.
It is important to note that this test is not a diagnostic test, and cannot replace an amniocentesis or a chorionic villus sampling. A diagnostic test may be advised if you receive a positive result from the screening test.
Screening for 18 genetic conditions, including Down Syndrome, the test can be taken from as early as 10 weeks after conception.
How does it work?
After conception, the baby’s DNA enters the mother’s bloodstream. Once our scientists have obtained a sample of the mother’s blood, they separate the maternal plasma from the rest of the blood.
In this plasma, maternal DNA and cell free foetal DNA is analysed and the ratio of foetal chromosomes is proven. Results that confirm Down Syndrome will indicate a higher ratio of genetic material in relation to chromosome 21.
Genetic Conditions Detected
- Down Syndrome
- Edward’s Syndrome
- Patau Syndrome
- Trisomy 9
- Trisomy 16
- Trisomy 22
Sex Chromosome Abnormalities
- Jacob Syndrome
- Klinefelter’s Syndrome
- Triple X
- Turner’s Syndrome
Deletion Syndromes / Microdeletion Syndromes
- Angelman Syndrome
- Cri-u-chat Syndrome
- DiGeorge Syndrome 2
- Jacobson Syndrome (11q23)
- Prader-Willi Syndrome
- Van der Woude Syndrome
- 1p36 deletion
- 2-p11.2 deletion
- 2q33.1 deletion
The Ordering Process – Simple
Total DNA Services has streamlined the process for the Non-Invasive Screening Test, so it’s as easy as;
- Order – Choose your package and order it online
- Pay – Pay for your test and any extras you require
- Sample Collection – When Total DNA Services receives your order, we will send you a list of our recommended Pathology Collection Centres. The sample collection kit will be sent directly to your nominated centre.
- Results – Receive your results in a quick timeframe. (within 10-14 working days of receiving samples)