A Y chromosome test is generally used to link the tested males for shared paternal lineage; as the Y Chromosome is passed from generation to generation. A simple test that allows male relatives to determine the biological relationship.
This test is best for:
- Confirming or excluding paternity by testing the alleged father’s male relatives
- Immigration cases where, in the absence of a birth certificate or family book, the Y chromosome is tested to confirm a biological relationship
- Brothers who want to know if they share the same father
- Male cousins who want to know if their fathers were brothers
- Adopted children who wish to gain information and reunite with their birth parents
The Ordering Process – Simple
These days we can do so many things from the comfort of our home, so why not a DNA test as well? Total DNA Services has streamlined the process for the Y Chromosome DNA Test, so it’s as easy as;
- Order – Choose your test and order it online
- Pay – Pay for your test and any extras you require
- Receive – You will get your home sample collection kit in the mail. Sometimes, the person who needs a test lives in a different location, which makes the whole testing process seem problematic. Total DNA Services can help here too. Simply provide the address of the other test participant whether it’s in Australia or around the world, and they will receive a home sample collection kit to complete.
- Results – Receive your results in a quick timeframe. (within 7-10 working days of receiving samples) Important Note: Standard turnaround time for results can only be guaranteed for oral swabs. Clients wanting to provide discreet samples for DNA analysis should expect a longer turnaround time.